Jul 07, 2022
2020-2021 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
MSU Denver offers a variety of resources to help students as they pursue their academic goals. Commonly accessed resources are included below as links to the services. Most services are available at no additional cost to the student. Students are encouraged to visit each resource listed to understand the benefits associated with each, and for details on how to access applicable services.
- Access Center - Disability support services
- Auraria Immunizations - Coordination of the State mandated immunization requirement and additional immunization services.
- Brother 2 Brother - A male mentoring program focused on academic and social support
- Campus Recreation - A place to build community through healthy living outlets such as working out, group fitness classes, personal training, sports leagues, open recreation, outdoor pursuits and leadership programs.
- CARE Team- Provides assessment and case management support for students who are struggling or who may be displaying behaviors of concern.
Career Services - Provides career advising and information, resume reviews, job search assistance and events to help students network with employers.
- Civic Engagement Program - Offering educationally meaningful service opportunities that positively impacts the community and provides opportunities for students to develop as engaged citizens.
- Classroom to Career Hub - Provides relevant and impactful career development for the full student body.
- College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) - designed to meet the academic, financial, and social needs of migrant/seasonal farmworkers and their children in pursuing higher education.
- Counseling Center- Individual and group therapy, crisis intervention and outreach to students.
- Dean of Students Office - The hub for student support and referrals. Services include case management, student conduct, sexual misconduct investigations, conflict resolution services, student emergency fund, and oversight for the roadrunner food pantry.
Gender Institute for Teaching and Advocacy
(GITA) - Holistically supports students affected by sexism and other intersecting oppressions through academics, advocacy, and services, which include academic advising, scholarship assistance, advocacy and problem solving, wellness and lactation rooms, a snack stop, and space for community organizing.
- Health Center at Auraria - Medical and Mental Health services for students
- Immigrant Services - Refugee, immigrant students, ASSET, DACA, and English Language Learner support
- Immunization Program
- LGBTQ Student Resource Center
- Met Media- Student newspaper, radio, arts/literary magazine, and news broadcasts
- MSU Denver Student Insurance
- Office of Graduate Studies
- Phoenix Center at Auraria- Interpersonal violence prevention, awareness, and support
- Prior Learning Assessment - Turn work and significant experience into college credit
- Registrar's Office
- Roadrunner Food Pantry - Provides food resources and community referrals for current MSU Denver students.
- Roadways Into Developing English Skills (RIDES) - Intensive writing support for multilingual students
- Student Conflict Resolution Services- Provides mediation, conflict coaching, group dynamics services, and the Dialogues Program.
- Student Emergency Fund - Application process for students encountering unforeseen financial crisis.
- Student Government Assembly
- Student Organizations
- Student Travel Program- Grant funding available for students to travel to professional conferences and meetings
- Roadrunners Give Back Volunteer Program
- Veterans Education Benefits
- Veteran/Military Student Center
- Writing Center - One on one writing tutoring support for all students