"The School of Education at Metropolitan State University of Denver
prepares people who will Teach, Lead, and Transform."
Metropolitan State University of Denver's School of Education develops excellent teachers and educational leaders who engage in reflective practice and scholarly activity, and who are ethical decision makers and agents of social change.
We do this by:
- Providing intellectually rigorous, culturally relevant curriculum that fosters pedagogical expertise, cultivates critical thinking, and promotes imagination;
- Facilitating clinical placements that incorporate a diversity of perspectives and experiences;
- Creating and sustaining mutually beneficial school and community partnerships;
- Collaborating across disciplines to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning; and
- Attracting and retaining innovative faculty who model expertise within their professional communities.
Alternative Licensure Programs