The Pre-Healthcare Minor provides background knowledge for individuals interested in healthcare. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals who plan to apply to a prelicensure nursing program, including, but not limited to, the MSU Denver Accelerated Nursing Program for students with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree.
Potential majors to complement this minor include, but are not limited to, Anthropology, Health Care Management, Integrative Therapeutic Practices, Psychology, and Sociology.
This minor can not be used with a Biology major.
- Students planning to transfer into an undergraduate nursing program should contact the Department of Biology for advising at 303-556-3213.
- Students planning to complete a bachelor’s degree before applying to the MSU Denver Accelerated Nursing Program should contact the Department of Nursing at 303-556-4391.
- Students can also see their major advisor for assistance with this program.
- Completion of this minor does not guarantee admission into any nursing program.
- Students are responsible for contacting the nursing program to which they are applying regarding specific prerequisite courses required by that program.
Students must select 21 semester hours from the following courses, including at least 3 semester hours of upper-division credit. Courses used for a major or minor other than the Pre-Healthcare Minor or used to satisfy General Studies requirements cannot be used for the Pre-Healthcare Minor.
A grade of “C” or better is required for each course in this program to count toward the minor. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.