Feb 24, 2024
This interdisciplinary major in human development will provide students with a focus on the entire life span and in-depth knowledge about theory, research, and application in human development. Students will participate in field experiences to make connections between theory, research and practice.
Requirements for Admission to Elementary Education Licensure with Human Development Major Program
Students pursuing a major in Human Development with Elementary Education Licensure must complete the following steps before being formally admitted to the elementary licensure program and taking sequence II classes.
- Attend a teacher application meeting
- Undergo a background check with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- Pass ENG 1010 and ENG 1020 with a grade of C or better, or otherwise prove satisfaction of these course requirements
- Meet requirements to take MTH 1610: Integrated Mathematics I
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher over the most recent 30 college credits
- Pass the current approved state assessment for elementary licensure content
General Studies Requirements for Elementary Education Licensure
Professional Elementary Education Licensure Sequence
Additional Required Content Courses
Human Development Foundation Courses
Human Development Electives
Choose two courses from the following:
Summary of Requirements
|Human Development Major
|General Studies Requirements
|Licensure Program Requirements
1 Course does not satisfy the General Studies Social and Behavioral Sciences II requirement for Human Development majors. Students should meet with an advisor.
2Senior Experience course