Degrees offered by the Theatre Department prepare students to pursue a wide range of career options in theatre, entertainment industries, and other related fields. Each degree offers the flexibility for students to pursue a major or minor that best meets their educational, professional, and artistic goals.
Theatre Department Academic Programs
All students considering a Major or Minor in Theatre should consult with theatre faculty for advising.
Students who pursue a BA in Theatre must also select a minor in addition to completing all general studies and university requirements. There are no additional application requirements for this degree.
The BFA in Theatre (with concentrations in Applied Theatre Technology and Design or Music Theatre) is a professional course of study that provides specialized training in each chosen discipline. The BFA in Theatre does not require the selection of minor.
The Theatre Minor is can be tailored to suit the goals of each student whether in performance or technical theatre.
Both BFA in Theatre concentrations have additional application requirements as follows:
- The BFA in Theatre (Applied Theatre Technology and Design concentration) requires an application and interview process. All transfer students must complete a minimum of four semesters (not including summer) once accepted into the program.
- The BFA in Theatre (Music Theatre concentration) requires an application, music audition, theatre audition, and interview process. All transfer students must complete a minimum of four semesters (not including summer) once accepted into the program.
Departmental grade requirements:
- A grade of "C-" or better is required in every course (including any cross-discipline courses) for each degree.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA within each degree.
- The University the completion of 120 credits and requires an overall 2.0 GPA to graduate.
- Other departments may have differing grade requirements.
For further information, contact the Theatre Department.