Health Data Science is a field that focuses on applying information science methods to analyze and understand health care information, to progress from raw data to knowledge for improved decision-making and care delivery. Health Data Science uses interactive data analytic tools to explore large sets of health data to improve patient care and outcomes, improve effectiveness and efficiency of health operations, decrease costs and risk, and manage the health of populations.
Students with a background in Health Data Science may find opportunities in the following fields:
- Higher Education
- For-Profit Hospital systems
- Governmental Organizations
- Public Health
In addition, the below occupations illustrate some of the areas that this certificate will be useful:
- Nurses, Physicians, Allied Health Professionals, Computer programmers and technology professionals.
Admission and Graduation Requirements
This certificate program is being offered to all MSU Denver students regardless of major. The certificate will offer the enrolled student the opportunity to complete a certificate as they work towards degree completion.
To be awarded the program certificate, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 18 credit hours of courses as recommended by the certificate program
- Achieve a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the certificate program courses
- Earn at least a “C” or better in each of the certificate courses; and
- Enroll in and complete a minimum of 60% of the required courses at MSU Denver.
Advising and Contact Information
Individuals interested in this certificate program should contact the Department of Health Professions at 303-615-1200 to schedule an appointment for an advising session either in person by phone or via virtual conferencing.