The Classroom to Career (C2) Hub hosts a myriad of resources to support students’ career aspirations. Within the C2 Hub, students can seek and land experiential learning opportunities including internships to integrate academic training with hands-on experience. Students will hone and develop practical skills as they build a professional network and understanding of an organization or industry.
- An internship will provide a variety of benefits including:
- Interns gain valuable job experience related to their major
- Students with internships enhance their marketability with employers
- Students with internships can better relate their coursework to a professional setting
- Internships help students make informed career decisions
- Internship supervisors can provide students with recommendations for graduate school or future jobs
- Paid internships help student earn money to help defray college expenses
- Interns can sometimes receive academic credit toward their degree
The Internship Program offers services to students seeking an internship placement. The Classroom to Career Hub staff will support students as they seek internship experiences, refine and tailor their resumes and cover letters, and will support interviewing strategies and techniques. Career Link serves as a comprehensive database of local internship positions for most majors on campus. Internship positions can be in large corporations, small businesses, government offices, and nonprofit agencies.
While internships can be paid or unpaid and can typically be done for academic credit, policies and eligibility for credit vary by department.
For more information, call or visit the Classroom to Career Hub at 303-615-1333, Administration Building Ste. 270, or email C2Hub@msudenver.edu.