Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute houses the multi-disciplinary Advanced Manufacturing Sciences (AMS) Bachelor of Science degree program and engages the Colorado manufacturing community in mutually beneficial, collaborative activities. Our mission is to educate the next generation of manufacturing professionals serving the workforce development needs in Colorado and beyond. AMSI focuses on producing graduates that are well prepared in terms of both technical and soft skills to assume in demand positions with manufacturing companies locally, nationally and internationally. Our industry partnerships, hands-on learning experience and nationally unique degree program sets AMSI apart from other universities as MSU Denver becomes a preeminent urban-centric manufacturing education university.
- Dr. Robert Park hired in October 2016 to serve as the first Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute Director.
- Hartwig, Inc. partnership agreement signed on February 14, 2017, creating the Hartwig, Inc. Advanced Manufacturing Lab as part of the Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute.
- Public/Private partnership (P3) floor announced within the Aerospace and Engineering Sciences building, as part of the Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute.
- York Space Systems partnership announced on February 28, 2017, establishing an innovative manufacturing facility on the P3 floor of the new Aerospace and Engineering Sciences building, as part of the Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute.
- Lockheed Martin Space Systems (LMSS) Corporation of Colorado $1 million investment announced on June 22, 2017, creating the Lockheed Martin Additive Manufacturing Laboratory as part of the Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute.
Bachelor of Science in Advanced Manufacturing Sciences
Advanced Manufacturing Sciences (AMS) Major, B.S.
Bachelor of Arts in Construction Project Management
Construction Project Management Major, B.A.
Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Campus Box 88 P.O. Box 173362 Denver, CO 80217-3362
Phone: 303-615-0880 Fax: 303-556-2159
For more information on the Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute, please visit our website: https://msudenver.edu/advanced-manufacturing/.