Effective managers are necessary for organizations to compete in today's global economy.
The management program prepares students to pursue a career in human resource management, operations management, entrepreneurship, or general management. The program consists of required courses that build a conceptual foundation for identifying and solving managerial problems. In addition to acquiring knowledge about business and management, students will develop special skills that are necessary to be an effective manager.
We engage a diverse student population with a high-quality, inclusive interactive and accessible education. We facilitate the development of knowledge and skills necessary to manage and lead organizations.
Necessary skills the manager should have include:
- proficiency in planning, organizing, leading and controlling activities;
- utilization of problem solving methodology to identify and define organizational problems, devise solutions, and implement the solution to achieve desired outcomes;
- highly developed interpersonal skills;
- an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively;
- use of sound methods for making decisions;
- innovative thinking, self-reliance, creative independent analysis, and sensitivity to social and ethical values.
Students majoring in management and interested in pursuing an International Business concentration should see an advisor.
Click on the links below for degree and program requirements.