Jun 22, 2024  
2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog 
2016-2017 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Social Work Minor

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs

The Social Work Minor is designed for students interested in augmenting their major with social work courses. Graduates with a Minor in Social Work are not considered social workers. However, employers may value the minor, particularly if the student is pursuing a career in a helping field. Students must earn a “C-” or above to earn credit for the social work courses in the minor. Students must formally apply to the minor. The application form, criteria, and instructions can be found on the Department of Social Work website.

Additional Information

Child Welfare Stipend

The Colorado Department of Human Services has a program for child welfare stipends. Current Title IV-E funded public child welfare case aid or case worker employees who are enrolled in the Social Work Minor may be eligible for the stipend program. Students in the stipend program are restricted as to the electives they may take for credit in the program. Acceptance into the stipend program is not guaranteed. For additional information, application, and requirements for the stipend program, please visit the Department of Social Work website.

Transferring to the Social Work Major from the Social Work Minor

Current Social Work Minor students may apply as a major to the BSSW Program. Students must be formally accepted into the program in order to be considered a BSSW Major. Upon acceptance into the major, students are to meet with the BSSW Program Advisor to receive a course of study plan. The application and admission requirements for the BSSW Major are defined above.

For further information, please visit the Department of Social Work at www.msudenver.edu/socialwork.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs