Feb 22, 2020
|Core Requirements (see below)
|Specific Degree Requirements
|Total hours required
* Must include the 3-credit hour multicultural requirement.
A grade of "C-" or better is required for each course in this program to count toward the bachelor's degree. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.
The following courses are required for all music majors:
Specific Degree Requirements
Students enrolled in private lessons must enroll in the appropriate major ensemble during each semester of individual instruction and must complete the requirement with a grade of "C-" or better in order to remain eligible to continue to enroll in individual instruction.
Choose five hours from the following:
- MUS 3828 - Jazz Ensemble Credits: 1
- MUS 3829 - Jazz Combo Credits: 1
For students whose primary instrument is a jazz instrument, the major ensemble is MUS 3828: Jazz Ensemble or MUS 3829: Jazz Chamber Ensemble, as assigned by the Director of Jazz Studies.
- MUS 3820 - Chorale Credits: 1
- MUS 3821 - University Treble Choir Credits: 1
- MUS 3822 - University Basso Choir Credits: 1
For students whose primary instrument is voice, the major ensemble is choir (MUS 3820: Chorale, MUS 3821: Women's Choir, or MUS 3822: Men's Choir) as assigned by the Director of Choral Activities.
- MUS 3824 - Symphonic Band Credits: 1
- MUS 3825 - Wind Ensemble Credits: 1
For students whose primary instrument is woodwinds, brass, or percussion, the major ensemble is band (MUS 3825: Wind Ensemble or MUS 3824: Symphonic Band) as assigned by the Director of Band Activities.
- MUS 3817 - String Sinfonietta Credits: 1
- MUS 3827 - Symphony Orchestra Credits: 1
For students whose primary instrument is strings, the major ensemble is orchestra (MUS 3817: String Sinfonietta or MUS 3827: Symphony Orchestra), as assigned by the Director of Orchestral Activities.
- MUS 3830 - Guitar Ensemble Credits: 1
For students whose primary instrument is guitar, the major ensemble is MUS 3830: Guitar Ensemble.
- MUS 3819 - Chamber Music Credits: 1
Subtotal: 6 credits
Ensembles: Primary instrument in Piano and Organ
General Studies: 33 credits