The Pre-Healthcare Minor provides background knowledge for individuals interested in healthcare. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals who plan to apply to a clinical education program, a graduate program in healthcare management, or a pre-licensure nursing program, including, but not limited to, the MSU Denver Nursing Program.
Potential majors to complement this minor include, but are not limited to, Anthropology, Biology, Health Care Management, Health Care Professional Services, Integrative Healthcare, Lifestyle Medicine, Psychology, Public Health, and Sociology.
- Students planning to transfer into an undergraduate nursing program should contact the Department of Nursing at 303-615-1600.
- Students planning to complete a bachelor’s degree before applying to the MSU Denver Accelerated Nursing Program should contact the Department of Nursing at 303-615-1600.
- Students can also see their major advisor for assistance with this program.
- Students with majors in the health professions should contact the Department of Health Professions at 303-615-1200.
- Students with a major in Nutrition (HND) should contact the Department of Nutrition at 303-615-0990.
- Completion of this minor does not guarantee admission into any nursing or health professions graduate program.
- Students are responsible for contacting the nursing or health professions graduate program to which they are applying regarding specific prerequisite courses required by that program.
A grade of “C-” or better is required for each course in this program to count toward the minor. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.