Dec 06, 2023
About the Program
The Global Business Studies degree program prepares students to apply for job positions in global nonprofits, NGOs, diplomatic organizations, trade specialists and companies engaged in global business.
Students will be able to understand contexts and issues in global business operations and be ready to apply those understandings to the organizations that they work at now or in the future.
General Degree Requirements
To earn a degree, students must satisfy all requirements in each of the four areas below, in addition to their individual major requirements.
- A total of 120 semester hours are required for graduation.
- To earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Global Business Studies, a student must successfully complete 30 or more credit hours of business coursework at MSU Denver. This 30-hour residency requirement can be met by completing any business courses with the prefix ACC, ACCM, BNK, BUS, CIS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT, and REL and a course number of 2000 or higher. A student must complete at least twelve (12) upper-division semester hours in business courses at MSU Denver.
- A grade of C- or better is required for each course in this program to count toward the bachelor’s degree. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.
- A minor is required for this program.
Students should consult the General Studies Requirements for a list of courses that fulfill the General Studies Requirements for degree completion.
- Written Communication (6 credits)
- Oral Communication (3 credits)
- Quantitative Literacy (3 credits)
- Arts and Humanities (6 credits)
- Historical (3 credits)
- Natural and Physical Sciences (6 credits)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credits)
- Global Diversity (0 or 3 credits**)
** Students will fulfill the global diversity requirement by taking an approved course within one of the following categories: arts and humanities; historical; natural and physical sciences; or social and behavioral sciences.
Ethnic Studies & Social Justice Requirement: 0 or 3 credits
- Students should consult the Ethnic Studies & Social Justice Graduation Requirement for a list of courses that fulfill the ESSJ Requirement for degree completion.
- Many programs include courses that meet this requirement. Students should consult with their advisor to determine what program courses may fulfill this requirement.
College of Business Requirements: 12 credits
Global Business Required Courses: 24 credits
Required Global Cultural Perspectives Courses: 21 credits
Additional Requirements: 3-5 credits
Maximum of 3 credits of an international-related Internship may apply to the degree and internships require pre-approval. Select one of the following:
Senior Experience: 3 credits
Summary of Requirements
|General Studies Requirements
|College of Business Requirements
|Major Required Courses
|Global Cultural Perspectives Courses
|Minor and Unrestricted Electives
|Total for the Global Business Studies Major, B.A.
Required courses for the major may also count for General Studies and ESSJ requirements, so the total credits listed may be greater than the number required to complete the degree. Therefore, it is important that you work with your advisor to make sure you are meeting requirements for your degree.