About the Program
People are a company’s most important asset. Human Resource personnel play an important role in the recruitment, selection, retention, and training of employees to ensure a company has the best people. The program consists of required courses that build a conceptual foundation for developing a comprehensive human resource department in a company that will aid the company in developing a competitive advantage in the industry. In addition to acquiring knowledge about business functional areas and management, students will develop skills/knowledge that are necessary to be an effective human resource manager. The Human Resource Management degree helps prepare students wishing to pursue a career in the field of human resource management.
Human Resource Management Students will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Employment Law
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Performance Management and Rewards
- Employee Training and Development
- Employee Selection
- Strategic Human Resource Management
The College of Business B.S. programs, including Human Resource Management, share a common set of four cross-disciplinary core competencies, knowledge, and skills.
Competency 1: Communication - Business students will be able to:
- 1.1 - Communicate effectively through writing.
- 1.2 - Communicate effectively through speaking.
Competency 2: Business Solutions - Business students will be able to analyze a business situation and recommend effective solutions utilizing:
- 2.1 - appropriate technological frameworks.
- 2.2 - appropriate ethical frameworks.
- 2.3 - appropriate global frameworks.
Competency 3: Technological Agility - Business students will be able to:
- 3.1 - understand the impact of current technology on the business environment.
Competency 4: Core Knowledge - Business students will demonstrate competence in required business topics, including accounting, computer information systems, data analytics, economics, ethics, finance, marketing, management, and business law.