About the Program
The Real Estate Degree is a Bachelor of Science Program within the College of Business. Real Estate majors may either pursue a concentration in Property Management, Appraisal and Title, Real Estate Investment and Asset Management, or complete the major without a concentration by choosing from a set of courses in consultation with an advisor. The Real Estate Major, B.S., will lead to various licensure and certification options for our students. Students may add an optional International Business Concentration.
Students will receive a broad education in real estate law, the technologies used in real estate transactions, and the management of risk in the real estate industry. Our curriculum is driven with purpose to make you a well-rounded, objective, and analytical real-estate authority with the managerial skills that can help you achieve a long and lucrative career.
- Demonstrate proficiency in core knowledge required of real-estate practitioners.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, analyze and draw appropriate conclusions based on information about real estate.
- Apply foundation knowledge and skills necessary to identify problems and generate feasible alternatives.
- Demonstrate ability to apply information to recommend and justify solutions to problems in real-estate.
The College of Business B.S. programs, including Real Estate, share a common set of four cross-disciplinary core competencies, knowledge, and skills.
Competency 1: Communication - Business students will be able to:
- 1.1 - Communicate effectively through writing.
- 1.2 - Communicate effectively through speaking.
Competency 2: Business Solutions - Business students will be able to analyze a business situation and recommend effective solutions utilizing:
- 2.1 - appropriate technological frameworks.
- 2.2 - appropriate ethical frameworks.
- 2.3 - appropriate global frameworks.
Competency 3: Technological Agility - Business students will be able to:
- 3.1 - understand the impact of current technology on the business environment.
Competency 4: Core Knowledge - Business students will demonstrate competence in required business topics, including accounting, computer information systems, data analytics, economics, ethics, finance, marketing, management, and business law.