**Effective July 1, 2014, all schools at MSU Denver will transition into colleges, a structure that more accurately reflects the breadth and depth of their programming. The School of Professional Studies will become the College of Professional Studies. Additionally, the University will establish a School of Education in academic year 2014-2015. All current teacher licensure and degree programs will be offered via the School of Education. The 2015-2016 academic catalog will reflect these changes at MSU Denver.**
The School of Professional Studies supports MSU Denver's primary objectives of teaching and learning through high quality education, incorporating the most current technologies, and preparing students for professional life. SPS both serves and is served by the greater metropolitan area by providing graduates who are knowledgeable in diverse disciplines and cultures. SPS provides the opportunity and facilities for life-long learning necessary for career advancement and change in a global society. With an urban focus, it seeks to integrate academic and professional experiences, using the community as a living laboratory with clinical and field placements.
The School of Professional Studies guiding principles include:
- Maintaining the highest level of professionalism
- Commitment to maximizing student achievement
- Respecting students and valuing them as individuals and as contributing members of society
- Being an excellent source of professional instruction for the citizens of the Denver Metro area and of Colorado
- Integrating academic and professional experiences
Vision of the School of Professional Studies (SPS)
The School of Professional Studies strives to be a leading source of professional instruction by providing a diverse student community with the tools to build their careers by integrating academic excellence with real world experience.
SPS-Linking academic excellence with experience you can use!
Given the vision of success and the current realities of the school, the following objectives for the next ten years are articulated below:
- SPS promotes excellence in teaching and learning by continuously improving academic programs
- SPS has increased resources
- SPS has developed, implemented, and increased outreach/marketing
- SPS involves the community and is involved with the community
- SPS promotes diversity by recruiting and retaining faculty, staff, and students that mirror the Denver Metropolitan area
Centers and Programs