Nov 29, 2023
About the Program
The Entrepreneurship Major offers courses to learn concepts and tools that are required to start and manage own businesses in dynamic business environments.
Students will be able to understand contexts and issues for managing own businesses and be ready to apply those understandings to businesses that they operate now or future.
General Degree Requirements
To earn a degree, students must satisfy all requirements in each of the four areas below, in addition to their individual major requirements.
- A total of 120 semester hours are required for graduation.
- To earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Entrepreneurship, a student must successfully complete 30 or more credit hours of business coursework at MSU Denver. This 30-hour residency requirement can be met by completing any business courses with the prefix ACC, ACCM, BNK, BUS, CIS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT, and REL and a course number of 2000 or higher. A student must complete at least twelve (12) upper-division semester hours in business courses at MSU Denver.
- MSU Denver requires that students successfully complete forty (40) or more credit hours of upper division coursework.
- Students may take more than four entrepreneurship elective courses. Additional entrepreneurship courses will be counted as unrestricted general electives.
- A grade of C- or better is required for each course in this program to count toward the bachelor’s degree. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.
- A minor is required for this program
General Studies Requirements: 33 credits
Students should consult the General Studies Requirements for a list of courses that fulfill the General Studies Requirements for degree completion.
- Written Communication (6 credits)
- Oral Communication (3 credits)
- Quantitative Literacy (3 credits)
- Arts and Humanities (6 credits)
- Historical (3 credits)
- Natural and Physical Sciences (6 credits)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credits)
- Global Diversity (0 or 3 credits**)
** Students will fulfill the global diversity requirement by taking an approved course within one of the following categories: arts and humanities; historical; natural and physical sciences; or social and behavioral sciences.
Multicultural Requirement: 0 or 3 credits
- Students should consult the Multicultural Graduation Requirements for a list of courses that fulfill the Multicultural Requirement for degree completion.
- Many programs include courses that meet this requirement. Students should consult with their advisor to determine what program courses may fulfill this requirement.
College of Business Requirements: 12 credits
Entrepreneurship Major Requirements: 48 credits
The Entrepreneurship Major provides students with the marketable skills needed to be successful entrepreneurs and pursue both an avocation and an occupation in some combination. The Entrepreneurship Major requirements consist of twelve required courses (36 credit hours) and four approved entrepreneurship elective courses (12 credit hours). A minimum grade of “C-” or better is required in all entrepreneurship major courses.
Required Courses: 36 credits
Approved Entrepreneurship Electives: 12 credits
Select four courses from below:
Senior Experience: 3 credits
Summary of Requirements
|General Studies Requirement
|College of Business Requirements
|Major Required Courses
|Minor and Unrestricted Electives
|Total for the Entrepreneurship Major, B.A.
Required courses for the major may also count for General Studies and Multicultural requirements, so the total credits listed may be greater than the number required to complete the degree. Therefore, it is important that you work with your advisor to make sure you are meeting requirements for your degree.