Jan 29, 2023
About the Program
The B.A. in Professional Selling is a specialized curriculum designed to equip students with the necessary skills to launch careers in sales. The program emphasizes the professional selling process, the importance of trust and relationships, value creation and communication, sales enablement technology, and what to expect from a career. In addition to sales-specific coursework, students will complete business courses and additional requirements that provide a background across business functions. The major offers flexibility for students to apply elective credits to a certificate or minor to specialize in an area of sales (a minor is not required). The Center for Professional Selling is recognized as a “Top University for Sales Education” by the Sales Education Foundation and is accredited as a full member by the University Sales Center Alliance.
Upon completion of the Professional Selling Major, B.A., students will be able to:
- Assess a sales opportunity by asking questions
- Develop appropriate responses to buyer objections
- Propose next steps to advance the close
General Degree Requirements
To earn a degree, students must satisfy all requirements in each of the four areas below, in addition to their individual major requirements.
- A total of 120 semester hours are required for graduation.
- To earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Professional Selling, a student must successfully complete 30 or more credit hours of business coursework at MSU Denver. This 30-hour residency requirement can be met by completing any business courses with the prefix ACC, ACCM, BNK, BUS, CIS, ECO, FIN, MGT, MKT, and REL. A student must complete at least twelve (12) upper-division semester hours in Marketing at MSU Denver.
- A grade of C- or better is required for each course in this program to count toward the bachelor’s degree. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.
- A minor is not required for this program.
General Studies Requirements: 33 credits
Students should consult the General Studies Requirements for a list of courses that fulfill the General Studies Requirements for degree completion.
- Written Communication (6 credits)
- Oral Communication (3 credits)
- Quantitative Literacy (3 credits)
- Arts and Humanities (6 credits)
- Historical (3 credits)
- Natural and Physical Sciences (6 credits)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credits)
- Global Diversity (0 or 3 credits**)
** Students will fulfill the global diversity requirement by taking an approved course within one of the following categories: arts and humanities; historical; natural and physical sciences; or social and behavioral sciences.
Multicultural Requirement: 0 or 3 credits
- Students should consult the Multicultural Graduation Requirements for a list of courses that fulfill the Multicultural Requirement for degree completion.
- Many programs include courses that meet this requirement. Students should consult with their advisor to determine what program courses may fulfill this requirement.
Required Prerequisites: 13 credits
Professional Selling Major Requirements: 48 credits
Professional Selling Elective Requirements: 12 credits
Twelve credit hours of any upper division MKT prefix courses and/or courses from the approved list:
Senior Experience: 3 credits
Summary of Requirements
|General Studies Requirements
|Total for the Professional Selling Major, B.S.
Required courses for the major may also count for General Studies and Multicultural requirements, so the total credits listed may be greater than the number required to complete the degree. Therefore, it is important that you work with your advisor to make sure you are meeting requirements for your degree.