Oct 22, 2021
To be awarded a degree, students must complete the departmental requirements, as well as 33 credit hours of General Studies course requirements, 3 credit hours of the Multicultural graduation requirement, 3 credit hours of the Senior Experience graduation requirement, 39 credit hours of Major Core requirements, 24 to 27 credit hours of concentration requirements, and 15-18 credit hours of electives or a minor plus electives.
- Declare an area of study in Hotel, Restaurant, Tourism or Events Management.
- Meet with HTE Faculty and review an official CAPP report within the first semester.
- Present verification of 1,200 clock hours of on-the-job experience in the HTE Major at stage of graduation. These hours may be secured through paid job experience, cooperative education, internships or a combination of the three.
- Present Adult CPR and First-aid Certification at stage of graduation.
- Demonstrate a basic competence in a foreign language by earning a grade of "C" or above in a college-level, modern language class or through testing given by the Department of Modern Languages.
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5.
A grade of "D" or better is required for courses in this program to count toward the bachelor's degree. Students should note that programs differ in the minimum grade required.
General Studies Course Requirements
Written Communication (minimum 6 semester hours)
- XXX XXXX Select any approved General Studies Written Communication courses
Oral Communication (minimum 3 semester hours)
- XXX XXXX Select any approved Oral Communication course
Quantitative Literacy (minimum 3 semester hours)
Arts and Humanities (minimum 6 semester hours)
- XXX XXXX select any approved General Studies Arts and Humanities courses
Historical (minimum 3 semester hours)
- XXX XXXX select any approved General Studies Historical course
Natural and Physical Sciences (minimum 6 semester hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences I (minimum 3 semester hours)
Social and Behavioral Sciences II (minimum 3 semester hours)
- XXX XXXX select any approved General Studies Social and Behavioral Sciences II course
General Studies total credit hours: 34
*At least one of the courses that meet the Arts and Humanities, Historical, Natural and Physical Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences I, or Social and Behavioral Sciences II Designations must be a Global Diversity Course.
**Course has prerequisites; check current MSU Denver Catalog for requirements.
Multicultural Graduation Requirement
- XXX XXXX select any course from Multicultural approved list*
*Course can be used for General Studies and Multicultural. Senior Experience Graduation Requirement (minimum 3 semester hours)
Senior Experience Graduation Requirement (minimum 3 semester hours)
* Course has prerequisites; check current MSU Denver Catalog for requirements.
Hotel Management Concentration
Restaurant Management Concentration
*Must be 21 years of age or older.
Tourism Management Concentration
Event Management Concentration