Feb 22, 2024
2010-2011 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Admission to Degree Programs
Admission to a graduate program at Metro State requires a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with the exception of the 3+2 program in Accounting in which students concurrently enroll in both an undergraduate and graduate program. Application deadlines are April 1 for fall admission and October 1 for spring admission. Master’s degree programs may determine whether to accept students for enrollment only in the fall or in fall and spring. Check the web site for your program to determine its procedures. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
1. Domestic Residents Admissions Guidelines
Minimum college guidelines include the following:
- Acceptance into a master’s program requires an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or a minimum index score which combines GPA with a standardized test score. Some programs have conditional admission in which students may be admitted with qualifications not meeting these standards. Applicants should check the program web site and/or contact a program advisor for details.
- Completion of a standardized test (GRE, GMAT, etc.) is required for admission into a master’s program. Programs determine specific requirements for this element, so students should check the program web site and/or specific program section of the catalog. Test scores are only valid for 5 years.
- A cover letter, brief essay, or writing example is required. Programs determine specific requirements for this element, so students should check the program web site and/or specific program section of the catalog.
- At least one letter of recommendation or contact information from someone who would recommend the applicant is required. Programs determine specific requirements for this element, so students should check the program web site and/or specific program section of the catalog.
- Official transcripts from all prior colleges are required.
2. International Students Admissions Guidelines
- International students must complete all of the same requirements as domestic students, plus an additional, separate application form which may be found on the Office of Admission web site http://www.mscd.edu/admissions/international/
- International students must have achieved a minimum TOEFL score of 540 (or a score of 76 on the Internet version of the TOEFEL).
- Deadlines for International student admission are March 1 for fall admission and September 1 for spring admission.
3. Transfer Students Admissions Guidelines
- No more than 9 graduate level transfer hours (semester or equivalent) will be accepted for any program. These credit hours must have been completed no longer than six years prior to the admission term and be from a regionally accredited US institution or equivalent.
- Programs have discretion over courses which are accepted. A minimum grade of B is required for transfer courses.
4. Conditional Admission
Conditional admission is possible in some programs, up to a 6 credit hour maximum prior to removal of the conditional status. Each master’s degree program determines whether or not to have conditional admission and the criteria for conditional admission to its program. Students should check the program web site and/or specific program section of the catalog to determine if this status is available.