The College of Professional Studies supports MSU Denver's primary objectives of teaching and learning through high quality education, incorporating the most current technologies, and preparing students for professional life. CPS both serves and is served by the greater metropolitan area by providing graduates who are knowledgeable in diverse disciplines and cultures. CPS provides the opportunity and facilities for life-long learning necessary for career advancement and change in a global society. With an urban focus, it seeks to integrate academic and professional experiences, using the community as a living laboratory with clinical and field placements.
The College of Professional Studies guiding principles include:
- Maintaining the highest level of professionalism
- Commitment to maximizing student achievement
- Respecting students and valuing them as individuals and as contributing members of society
- Being an excellent source of professional instruction for the citizens of the Denver Metro area and of Colorado
- Integrating academic and professional experiences
Vision of the College of Professional Studies
The College of Professional Studies strives to be a leading source of professional instruction by providing a diverse student community with the tools to build their careers by integrating academic excellence with real world experience.
CPS-Linking academic excellence with experience you can use!
Given the vision of success and the current realities of the school, the following objectives for the next ten years are articulated below:
- CPS promotes excellence in teaching and learning by continuously improving academic programs
- CPS has increased resources
- CPS has developed, implemented, and increased outreach/marketing
- CPS involves the community and is involved with the community
- CPS promotes diversity by recruiting and retaining faculty, staff, and students that mirror the Denver Metropolitan area
Centers and Programs