Oct 29, 2020
The Bachelor of Science degree is awarded upon completion of the required program. The program emphasizes theory and practice. Laboratory and lecture classes are generally integrated.
This program is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202, Telephone: (410) 347-7700. www.abet.org. ABET, Inc. was formally known as Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc.
Additional Requirements for EET Majors:
- Any course used to satisfy a prerequisite for an EET course must be passed with a grade of “C” or better.
- Students must achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all courses that satisfy the Metro State General Studies requirements.
- Due to the ABET accreditation requirements, the number of semester hours required for the degree cannot be fewer than 124.
Required Technical Courses (Core): 61 credits
*These courses satisfy the College's Senior Experience Requirement.
Required General Studies Courses: 36 credits
General Studies Level I Requirements
General Studies Level II Requirements
- HIS XXXX - Select 3 credit hours from the College-approved General Studies course list. ***
- XXX XXXX - Select 6 credit hours from the College-approved General Studies course list. ***
*Concurrent registration with CHE 1150 - Principals of Chemistry Laboratory is required by the major (see Additional Course Requirements). The sequence of CHE 1800, CHE 1810, and CHE 1850 may be substituted.
**Concurrent registration with PHY 2321 - General Physics I Laboratory is required by the major (see Additional Course Requirements).
***Selecting any General Studies Level II course approved for multicultural credit may satisfy the multicultural requirement of three credits.
Additional Course Requirements: 13 credits
*Concurrent registration with CHE 1100 - Principals of Chemistry is required by the major. The sequence of CHE 1800, CHE 1810, and CHE 1850 may be substituted.
**The sequence MTH 1110 and MTH 1120 may be substituted. For students placing directly into MTH 1410, MTH 2420 may be substituted.
***Concurrent registration with PHY 2311 - General Physics I is required by the major.
EET Concentration Area: 18 credits
Students must select one of the three concentration areas listed below.
In select cases, a minor in another area may be substituted for a concentration with prior approval of an EET advisor.
Computer Engineering Technology Concentration: Required Courses
Communications Concentration: Required Courses
Power and Control Systems Concentration: Required Courses
Program Total: 128 credits